- Open to all students;
- No prerequisites required;
- Can serve as an elective for pre-health professionals.
Contact Dr. Bernauer
What is Your Knowledge of Exercise Science?
- What is an appropriate intensity, duration, pace, load and frequency of a workout to achieve a clinical response?
- Does an exercise regimen require a base line health assessment? Age, Gender, Fitness level.
- What are the basic factors to consider in designing a clinical exercise regimen?
What? How? Mode? Frequency? Severity?
Did you know ...
- exercise during pregnancy is beneficial for both the mother and the fetus?
- both internal and external stressors may lead to hypertension but can be prevented or remediated by exercise?
- weight management depends on cultural background and lifestyle, but can be effectively countered by diet if combined with exercise.
- obesity, which often leads to diabetes type 2, can be effectively managed with the addition of an exercise regimen.
- exercise is critical for effective growth and development, i.e., Wellness.
- chronic diseases, e.g., Cancer, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, and Neuro-muscular, can be prevented or rehabilitated by selective exercise regimens.
- exercise acts as a general stimulus to the muscle function.
- exercise modes and styles are critical to the functional responses of muscle metabolism and its response.
Activities on Campus